Monday, January 11, 2010

digital fun and winter blues

I'm attempting to make a more frequent effort to update my blogger. There is no way i can maintain an every day post as some do, I'm just not that interesting, haha! More like, i would forget but more than once a month will be a nice change.

Today I decided to remain indoors due to adverse weather so i played around with photoshop for a while. This is my doodle of the day done digitally. I'm also starting one of my paintings for the 323 east show i've got coming up very soon! I shall keep updates on that coming frequently and I hope some of you will be able to come down and check it out!

I work digitally very infrequently, despite the fact that one of the last classes i took was predominately digital. I was kicking out tarot cards at about 7 or 8 a week, but as far as digital work, it was more like a single piece every month. I feel less confident and less interested in doing things on the computer, however, I am trying to get over it and up my digital skills.

Holding a physical thing that I've created means so much more to me than to see an image on a screen that I'd have to run out and get printed. But because i'm in the process of coming up with a small zine or comic, I figure coloring digitally would be the way to go. I have no time for full page rendered paintings, though i think i'd love to try the idea out :) If ya'll have any ideas or things you'd like to see my take on, leave me a comment. I'm always up for suggestions :)

1 comment:

NePaul Wilson said...

Personally I prefer doing my work digital just as much as traditional. It depends on the time and what exactly the client wants.

I would say go for something digital at the moment, it will help you get your work done and you can focus more on a traditional based work for yourself.